I am cheered up this morning, and thrilled to announce that I have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award! The Sunshine Blogger Award is a peer appreciation award given to those who are deemed to be creative, positive, and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community. I appreciate the kind and uplifting words today, K really needed them. Thank you so much, Pascales Healing Journey for the wonderful thing you did for me by selecting me as one of your nominees! I would really like to
connect with Pascale Samy whose blog focuses on the complex and not well-known subject of narcissistic abuse, which I only recently discovered my husband suffers with. I’ve been reading over her pages and was fascinated; I will soon be adding her blog to my recommended blogs and hope my readers will pay her a visit, if you haven’t already. Pascale, you were definitely brought my way for a good reason, so again, thank you, from the bottom of my heart for the sunshiney nomination ;-)
Here are the rules of the award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and make a link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent to you by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate up to 11 new blogs to receive the award, and then write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog
The rules are also posted to the right ——–> Okay without further ado, my 11 nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award are the following blogs:
And here are my well-thought out answers to Pascale’s questions:
Are you doing what you truly want to do?
A year ago if you had asked me that question, I would have said no and not meant it. But I have my family back, and although I’m back in the same situation, I have a better understanding of it today than I ever did before and I’ve realized that sometimes we have to make sacrifices.
Do you have a dream to follow?
My dream is just to be a normal person.. I may never be normal but, I am more normal right this very moment than I ever was before, I have a full time job, I bought a car, I travel for work, and I live a normal (yet chaotic) life. I love it the mundane nature of it, honestly.
Are you proud of what you’re doing or what you’ve done?
I am. I am right where I’m supposed to be. I have changed my attitude in many positive ways, though I am still and will always be a huge advocate for emotional abuse and the victims.
What’s the one thing you really want to do but have never done so, and why?
Finish my graduate degree. I do have some quasi-exciting news: I may be starting the MBA program in Marketing next semester at University of Colorado, Colorado Springs. Very excited and proud.
Have you ever abandoned a creative idea that you believed because others thought you were a fool?
Well, not because they thought I was a fool, but because they were a verbally destructive person who bullied me into believing I had done something wrong in the expression of my creativity in that case.
Is there anything you can’t let go of, but you know you should?
The hurt and extreme pain my husband put me through the last ten years, particularly the last five (since 2013 when this whole nightmare started). I love him so much but, sometimes it’s hard to let go of the past, especially when it has caused you so much grief, pain, suffering, and misery.
Is there anyone who inspired you and made you who you are today?
No one who is living. But my paternal (step) grandfather was a huge influence on me as was my maternal grandmother. They were both wonderful and kind people. You don’t really know for sure if someone is worth looking up to until they have passed on. Everyone else in my life has either directly hurt me, turned their back on me, or just been a complete piece of shit.
What’s the thing you’re most satisfied with?
The person I have become as a result of all the adversity I have had to face in recent years.
When was the last time you laughed and what did you laugh at?
I laugh all the time, many times in a day. I am a very lighthearted person and find it extremely comforting and enjoyable to laugh — a nice big, hearty laugh. I love to watch stand-up comedy. That is what I laughed at last. Bert Kreischer. He is great, I love how down to earth he is.
Are you doing anything which makes you and people around you happy?
I think my husband is really glad I’m traveling so much for work. I get on his nerves. I get on everyone’s nerves. Does that bother me? Hell yes it bothers me. But, it is what it is. Can’t change the person I am that much.
If happiness is a currency, how rich do you think you are?
I’m above poverty level but below the standard of living. But, I’m glad I’m where I’m supposed to be. Plain and simple.
My questions for the 11 nominees are:
- What was the biggest driving force behind the creation of your blog?
- What was your vision for your future in blogging/writing when you first started this blog? How has that vision evolved?
- What age were you when you realized you loved writing?
- How has your life changed as a result of the electronic age? Is it better/worse/the same?
- What was the very last website you visited today?
- What was the first website you visited when you woke up four days ago?
- If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be? (No excuses – must answer!)
- How would your life be different today if that one thing from your past were to change?
- If you have children, tell me…how did your parenting change from the time you had your first child until the time you had your last?
- Tell me about the funniest experience you’ve had in the past month.
- What do you have planned for the upcoming holiday season?
Thank you everyone for participating in the Sunshine Blogger Award nominations by emotionalabusehurts. Again, thank you Pascale, for the amazing nomination. You’re wonderful and I would nominate you had you not already been nominated.
Thanks for reading everyone, join me next time!